Please Read the Folllowing Guides
To make your experience with Aracruz RE as successful as possible, please read the following guide. Click on tabs to expand each topic and read more.
Before You Visit
While Aracruz RE cannot assist you in selecting a Fabricator/Contractor/Designer, our Team can offer some pointers to help ensure that your experience is a pleasant one. When selecting a Fabricator/Contractor/Designer, Aracruz RE recommends that you:
- Make sure that you feel comfortable with your Fabricator/Contractor/Designer – It’s important to work with helpful people that you trust during the process. We recommend reading google/yelp reviews to help make your decision.
- Scope of work – Have you thoroughly explained your design project to your Fabricator/Contractor/Designer as well as any expectations you have of them? Fabricators/Contractors/Designers all need to know exactly what the needs are for your design project in order to best assist you in selecting what you need and giving you an accurate quote for the amount of work the job will require.
Ask and Listen – Has a neighbor or friend recently purchased granite? Ask them about their experience.
- The number of slabs required for your design project – The more material you need to select the longer it will take to display and select the stone slabs. Our team generally displays a maximum of 4 slabs at a time. If your project requires more than 4 slabs to be displayed you may have to wait for them to display slabs for another client. This allows you the ability to examine the initial slabs during the time you are waiting and also allows other clients the opportunity to view their materials as well.
How decisive you are – If you are already prepared when arriving by having narrowed down what materials or colors you would like for your design project it will take less time to select material than if you are more open-minded when you arrive and would like to browse through the entire selection of stone slab materials that we offer. The key to making it a stress-free experience is to keep in mind the time you personally have available to commit to the selection process.
If possible, bring a cabinet sample, floor sample or other décor piece that may help you select material to compliment your project. For example a Cabinet drawer, Cabinet door, Floor tile, Paint swatch, Centerpiece, or anything else that is a key color to your design project.
Stone slabs weigh a minimum of 500 pounds and by nature may contain cracks or fissures that are not perceptible to the human eye. There is a possibility of slabs cracking, breaking and falling at any time. In addition to this hazard, there are also forklifts moving around the warehouse at all times. Our Team at Aracruz RE are all safety conscious and have passed OSHA training and forklift certifications; however, this also requires your cooperation in keeping a safe distance from them at all times.
Service animals are allowed in the warehouse. All other pets must be carried in arms or secured in a pet stroller to be allowed in the warehouse.
During Your Visit
Our Sales Assistants will greet you and ask you a few helpful questions regarding your project , such as:
- Who recommended you to us?
- What is your Fabricator’s/Contractor’s/Designer’s contact information? * Company Name * First and Last Name * Phone Number *
- What is your preferred slab thickness? * 2cm (3/4″) or 3cm (1-1/4″) *
- How many slabs do you need and what is the total square feet of your project?
- Do you have a specific material or color already in mind?
We provide a variety of different small snacks and beverages which may include: Crackers, Peanuts, Granola Bars, Fruit Snacks, Candy, 100% Fruit Juice, Water, Soda, Coffee, Hot Tea.
One of our experienced stone experts will assist you as needed, allowing you the opportunity to view hundreds of varieties of natural stone and will answer all of the questions you may have. Safety is our first priority. Stone slabs weigh a minimum of 500 pounds and by nature may contain cracks or fissures that are not perceptible to the human eye. There is a possibility of slabs cracking, breaking and falling at any time. In addition to this hazard, there are also forklifts moving around the warehouse at all times. Our Team at Aracruz RE are all safety conscious and have passed OSHA training and forklift certifications; however, this also requires your cooperation in keeping a safe distance from them at all times.
Any material placed on hold is temporary and is specifically held for your referring Fabricator, Contractor or Designer. Please pay close attention to expiration dates (7 days for regularly priced materials and 3 days for all sale and discounted materials). Only your Fabricator/Contractor/Designer can request extensions, so it is important that you work closely with them to secure your slabs. If you need an extension on your material, a non-refundable down payment is required to better enable the best selection of materials for all clients.
After Your Visit
We will provide your referring fabricator with your selection so they have the necessary information to quote your project, but it is still your responsibility to be in communication with them to let them know any specific needs you may have including, but not limited to:
- Specific slabs you want for certain areas of your design project
- Edge requirements
- All other information specifically related to fabrication and installation
It is also the responsibility of your Fabricator/Contractor/Designer to inspect your selected material for any potential problems that may cause the material to not work for your specific project:
- Incorrect slab sizes or thickness
- Normal variations in natural stone that may not work with your specific design project including but not limited to veins, cracks, fissures, or epoxy fill.
- Slab material that your Fabricator/Contractor/Designer does not like to work with
If any of these problems arise, it may require you to visit us again and select a different stone slab or material.
Check Your Hold Expiration Date – Aracruz provides its customers with a 7 day complementary hold (reservation) for all regular stock materials and 3 days for all discounted sale materials.
- When placing a hold – customers will be provided with a hold number that guarantees the material will be reserved under the account belonging to the fabricator/contractor and will not be released back to inventory until the end of the 7th day.
- Aracruz RE will attempt to contact you prior to your hold expiration date.
- After expiration date the material will be released back to stock and become available to other clients.
- Down Payment for longer hold time – If you wish to place material on a hold longer than 7 days, a non-refundable but transferable 25% down payment is required. You are able to make a 25% down payment at any time during the duration of a valid hold.
Once your material is paid for in full, your Fabricator/Contractor/Designer may call and arrange material for pickup or delivery based on the time-frame of your design project.